There are many different nut butters gaining popularity, especially since many people are sensitive or allergic to peanut butter. If you’re a pecan lover, you’ll love these ideas. Making your own pecan butter is quick and easy. Since it lasts for up to a month in the fridge, you can use the same batch for many different recipes.
2 cups pecans
Sea salt to taste
1. Toast the pecans in a large skillet for 4-8 minutes.
2. Pour them into a high-speed blender and let them cool for a few minutes.
3. Blend the pecans until creamy paste forms. This could take 1-15 minutes depending on your blender.
4. Add the sea salt and cinnamon and blend again. (Taste it and add more if needed.)
5. Pour the pecan butter into a jar with a sealed lid and store in the refrigerator. After you’ve made your first batch of pecan butter, you can start to incorporate it into your cooking. For a quick snack, try a spoonful and get a boost of energy. You can substitute pecan butter for whenever you would normally use peanut butter, like pb&j sandwiches, protein smoothies, earthy sauces, and homemade salad dressings. It would even be great in desserts, such as cookies, cupcakes, pies, or brownies. The possibilities really are endless, especially if you’re up for some experimenting in the kitchen. Check out the links below for more recipes, and discover the delicious ways to enjoy homemade pecan butter!
Pecan Butter Recipe – Cookieandkate.com
Almond Butter Brownies Recipe (Simply use your pecan butter instead of the almond butter!) – chocolatecoveredkatie.com
Pecan Pie Smoothie Recipe (Add the pecan butter in addition to or instead of the pecans!) – greenpress.co
Healthy Thai Peanut Dressing (Just use the pecan butter instead of peanut butter.) – ambitiouskitchen.com